Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tidbits

On Thanksgiving Day, I flew with Doug Hamilton in his ASH-25. We found Bravo Oscar sharing our piece of sky. Of the dozens of wing-tip and tail-fin mis-clicks, I did get one photo worth keeping. Mt. Cook is in the background.

Wanaka is home to a funky little cinema called Cinema Paradiso. Inside the theatre, they have couches of all varieties, and a car carcass in case you want to watch drive-in style. A group of us, desperate for a break from Omarama, drove the 90 minutes to see a movie so bad it was good: 2012. End of the world drama chock full of special effects, corny sub-plots, and racial stereotypes. Part of the program is an intermission just long enough for you to purchase fresh-from-the-oven home made cookies.



I went on a ground retrieve with two employees from GlideOmarama. The three strong men did not need my help, so I wandered around and continued my attempt to capture the open beauty of the MacKenzie Plain in pixels. This dramatic day, made even more dramatic for one pilot forced to land out, was spectacularly lined with wave influenced cumulus cloud streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment